Joining the Sea Cadets
If you have your own email account and want to learn more about the Sea Cadet programs in Rhode Island (Providence, Quonset Point, or Newport), send us a note at this address:
If you don't have personal access to email, then you can use this handy form to drop us a line. Thank you!
||The initial enrollment amd annual renewal fee charged by the NSCC national organization for Cadets is $60/year, much of that going towards the Cadet's accident and liability insurance coverage while they are engaged in Sea Cadet activities. Locally, NCBC Battalion charges an initial $240 uniform fee. The uniform fee pays for the complete base uniform to outfit your Cadet, including rank insignia and the required patches (flashes). This is a one-time fee, as the Cadet outgrows the uniform they will turn it in for the next appropriate size (for most Cadets this happens at least once a year). There is no additional charge for these replacement uniforms.
The annual enrollment fee for adults is $20, again, almost all of that is for accident and liability insurance.
Payment can be made either by cash, check, or PayPal.
As with any operation associated with the Federal Government, there are a few paperwork items to get through. The following forms should be downloaded to your computer (Adobe Acrobat® is required - get it here if you don't already have it). Fill out the required forms and deliver them to the adult staff for processing.
- Parents' Handbook - much of what any parent would need to know when their child is considering joining the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps can be found here (Adobe Acrobat document).
- NSCC Policy - the rules that govern the USNSCC, including the USNSCC Regulations, Volunteer/Cadet Code of Conduct, and the various policy/procedure manuals that implement them.
- Sea Cadet Quarterly - the NSCC program newsletter, published quarterly to keep NSCC/NLCC leadership (officers, midshipmen, and instructors) and NLUS National Officers and Directors, as well as Council Presidents and NSCC Committee Chairmen, abreast of Sea Cadet Corps activities
ENROLLMENT FORMS FOR CADETS:
- NSCADM 001 - CADET APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT
All the forms that are used to record pertinent personal Cadet information, medical history and exam, parent involvement, as well as standard releases. You may or may not need all of these forms. You may also download individual forms as needed from this page.
ENROLLMENT FORMS FOR OFFICERS, ADULT LEADERS, AND MIDSHIPMEN:
- NSCADM 002 - ADULT LEADER (OFF/INST/MIDN) APPLICATION
Used to record pertinent personal Officer/Instructor/Midshipman information as well as standard releases and privacy statement. Packet includes Member Information Sheets, Declarations, 3 Volunteer Questionnaires, and Report of Medical History. You may also download individual forms as needed from this page.